Cannon Hill State School P&C
For more information about the role of the P&C and how to participate, visit the Our community page.
The CHSS P&C Executive Committee elected at the most recent Annual General Meeting, consists of:
- President: Renee Coffey. In her day job, Renee works full-time as Deputy CEO to a national charity and is also mum to two young boys at CHSS. Renee loves being a part of the CHSS community. She has enjoyed working with so many great people on the P&C since 2020 and has found it a rewarding way to help out and to strengthen her family's connection to the school.
- Vice President: Nicole Boulton. Nicole has been part of the school community since 2020 when her son started at CHSS. She also has an adorable toddler who often tags along with her to school events and drop off and pick ups. She works as a town planner and loves being involved with the P&C and other school activities as it provides her with joy and a real buzz that she's able to make a difference.
- Treasurer: Edwina Williams. A trained accountant, Edwina is mum to three kids and dreams one day of being able to have her morning coffee while it is still warm!
- Secretary: Louise Phelps. Louise is mother of two kids, two birds and one dog. She doesn't like being cold so loves living in Brisbane!
- Secretary (minutes): Kelly Hardwick. Kelly has been a parent at the school since 2018 with two children. She enjoys being part of such an inviting and supportive community that is the P&C.
Message from the P&C President
On behalf of the parents at Cannon Hill State School, I would like to welcome you and your child/children to our school community.
Cannon Hill State School Parents and Citizens (P&C) Association is a forum for parents/carers and citizens to support our school for the benefit of all students.
Our P&C Association is a vital part of the school’s success, assisting the school by providing:
- opportunity to discuss and provide feedback on school plans and activities
- additional funding to purchase resources to enhance student learning
- parents/carers with opportunities to be involved in their child’s education
- families with opportunities to engage with the school community
With proceeds from events, activities, the second hand uniform shop and other fundraising activities, we help deliver the kitchen garden, computers, literacy resources, instrumental music program resources, weekly Breakfast Club, class swimming lessons and much more.
In addition, we apply for grants to fund the installation of shade sails, playgrounds, air conditioning, sports facilities and other facilities.
We work closely with the school administration team, our local councillor, State and Federal members, as well as our major sponsors.
All the above mentioned activities are only possible through the generous donation of time from the parent volunteers within our school.
Our P&C committee is always happy to welcome new members who are interested in learning more about what is happening at Cannon Hill State School and/or contributing to the work we do.
If you have a particular skill or trade, networking connections, or are willing to help out with your time when required, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our meetings are held every 6 weeks at 6.30pm in the school library and online via zoom, and meeting dates are advertised in the weekly school bulletin. Children are welcome at meetings. We'd love to see you there.